ChemCon Asia 2007 - Singapore
Partners of ChemCon Asia 2007:
ChemCon ASIA 2007 was the 3rd conference in the series of ChemCon Conferences in Asia. This years' event was hosted and opened by the Singapore Chemical Industry Council, SCIC, in Singapore, from April 24th to 27th accompanied by an exhibition and a pre-conference seminar on April 23rd. More than 200 experts attended the ChemCon ASIA 2007 conference and exhibition representing more than 100 different companies, authorities and international organizations from over 27 countries.
In the conference sessions and seminars aspects of international chemical control around the globe were discussed with an additional focus on the Asia-Pacific countries covering current and emerging legislation on reporting and testing of new chemicals, chemical inventories, evaluation of existing chemicals, classification and labelling, risk management, hazard communication and product registration.
A lot of countries from Europe, Asia Pacific and the Americas were spotlighted in detail and a lot of horizontal topics with a global or regional relevance were covered, e.g. REACH, GHS, etc.
- Japan - current status and crucial issues of chemical control and safety legislation including aspects of GHS (i.a. polymers, non-polymers, new and existing chemicals, how to search the ENCS inventory); Misao Shiba, Sumitomo 3M
- How to fulfill the registration requirements of REACH? (Technical dossier, chemical safety assessment, chemical safety report), Christian Gründling, FCIO
- IUCLID 5 and REACH IT - from data gathering to submission; Christel Musset, European Chemicals Bureau
- Russia and Kazakhstan - Overview on chemical control legislation and aspects of GHS, Andrea Gondova, CEFIC GR&CB
- Polymers - a global picture; John Moore, Lubrizol Corp.
- China - overview on chemical control legislation, current status and outlook, Sam Bian, Ciba Specialty Chemicals
- Other topics covered: Chemical control system in the Philippines, Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia?.; US Toxic Substances Control Act; Changes to the Canadian Environmental Protection Act (CEPA) and its New Substances Notification Regulations (NSNR); Chemical control in Australia and New Zealand and recent developments in chemical control in Korea; The globally harmonised system on classification and labelling and the upcoming European system on REACH;
Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Latin American Countries, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Oman, Philippines, Pakistan, PR China, Taiwan, Thailand, USA, Vietnam...
- ATRION International
- CHEMADVISOR Inc.
- CIBA Expert Services
- Dr. Knoell Consult, BSL Bioservice
- ENHESA Environmental Policy Centre
- 3E COMPANY / Ariel Research
- RCC Ltd.
- ROYAL HASKONING
- TECHNIDATA AG
- THE WERCS Ltd.