Partners of ChemCon Europe 2004:
ChemCon 2004 took place in Berlin, Germany from May 3rd - 7th, 2004. More than 320 experts attended the 2004 conference and exhibition representing companies, authorities and international organizations from over 30 countries. In the conference sessions the 4 additional seminars and the workshop aspects of international chemical control regulations around the globe were discussed with a primary focus on Europe and the new Reach proposal but also on other current and emerging chemical legislation on reporting and testing of new chemicals, chemical inventories, evaluation of existing chemicals, classification and labelling, risk management, hazard communication and product registration. More than 45 countries from Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas were spotlighted in detail and a lot of horizontal topics with a global or regional relevance were covered.
- "REACH" - The new management system for chemicals in Europe; Catherine Day, European Commission, DG ENV
- Chemical legislation in the European Union and the situation in the new member states; Istvan Muranyi, Cleaning and Detergents Industry Association
- Chemical control legislation in China; Dennis Deily, Eastman Kodak
- Globally harmonised system for classification and labelling (GHS); Bill Machin, CEFIC
- Trading chemicals on the web; Bart Reekmanns, ChemConnect Inc
- Challenges for a balanced chemical policy; Hubert Mandery, BASF AG
- Other topics covered: Impact of REACH on SMEs; the new deco-paint directive and the new detergents regulation in the EU; Reach and the down stream sector; Problems of e-commerce; IT and the regulatory process; Biocides, Global requirements for food contact, Mutual acceptance of Notifications, Outcome of IFCS and SAICM Meeting; International Treaties: NAFTA, MERCOSUR; ASEAN; Integrated product policy and its added value in context of existing regulation...
Australia, Brazil, Belarus, Canada, Cambodia, Egypt, Estonia, Hungary, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Korea, Laos, Latvia, Lithuania, Latin American Countries, Malaysia, Mexico, Myanmar, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Poland, PR China, Romania, Russia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Syria, South Africa, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, USA, Vietnam...
- ARC Seibersdorf research GmbH
- Atrion International
- Bootman Chemical Safety, Ltd.
- ChemADVISOR, Inc.
- Ciba Spezialitäten Chemie AG
- Danish Toxicology Center
- IBACON GmbH
- BSL Bioservice Scientific Laboratories GmbH
- LISAM SYSTEMS SA
- RCC Ltd.
- Royal Haskoning
- Safepharm Laboratories Ltd.
- The Wercs, Ltd.
- TNO chemistry
- GWU Technidata